Sunday, March 10, 2019

Pen 15 Club: I Bought Some New Pens :)

(This afternoon's haul: couple more of those neato Sharpie®\Pen. ones, a new Flair pen in an appealing and appropriate color, and a new clicky ballpoint option, a pack of Zebra F 301 units.)

Don't know necessarily if I need to talk about the replenishments, new versions of old faces, but I was inspired by old Twitter running (and funning) mate @mighty_flynn to revisit an old style I hadn't had my hands on in a long while: a retractable ballpoint.

The appeal is pretty immediately obvious: the fidget potential and ability to make annoying noises of the G-2 plus the versatility and rock-like reliability of the Bic Crystal? Can you even imagine how good a pen that would be. Can you even imagine.

(Although...if I'd seen this back-of-package image, I would not have bought these obviously cursed and sinful objects.)

Good gravy what is with this pervert zebra, Zebra?? That's a yikes and a third, maybe a full yikes and a half.

More later, once I've had the opportunity to wrap my fingers around these new Pen 15es, rub 'em around, see what comes out of the tip.

NOTE: title / format drawn from this all-time great tweet.

No comments: