Tuesday, August 25, 2009

paper forms of escape

Great. With all my Gundams in storage at my mom's house, now an old college professor of mine turns me on to these:



Papercraft has been one of my favorite spectator-only crafts for a couple years now, after I saw mockups of some of those absurdly cute tanks from Advance Wars, but I'd never had the slightest desire to participate. Until now.

Kinda digging on the aesthetic of the Piperoids, but I can see the cutesy/minimalistic palling rather quickly. (Never had the slightest use for Kozik stuff, for example.) Much more up my alley are the Kami-Robo, with their Kinnikuman (U.S. M.U.S.C.L.E.) vibe. Like, check the flow chart.

-Fat

2 comments:

d.d. tinzeroes said...

You have to BUY Piperoids?

Fat Contradiction said...

Couldn't find any, tho' my usual comic shop supposedly carries them. Going to inspect more photos and give a shot at cobbling together a couple myself, I think.