Monday, May 25, 2020

HEAVY TUNES: Records I Listened to Today, May 25, 2020

Hush, Keep It Down Down

  1. Bonnie "Prince" Billy, I See a Darkness (1999, Palace Records)
    Got an email from my girlfriend about a Philip Levine poem that included the line "I see the darkness", so my morning was set.
  2. Marriages, Salome (2015, Sargent House)
  3. boygenius, boygenius (2018, Matador)
    I still have trouble with this record, but I really like Phoebe Bridgers' voice.
  4. Angel Olsen, My Woman (2016, Jagjaguwar)
    Esp. "Not Gonna Kill You". Oft-recommended.
  5. Flat Worms, Flat Worms (2017, Castle Face)
    Real solid punk/post-punk!
  6. Red Sparowes, Aphorisms (2008, Sargent House)
  7. Caterwaul, Portent Hue (1990, IRS)
  8. Trans Am, Trans Am (1996, Thrill Jockey)
  9. Oozing Wound, Whatever Forever (2016, Thrill Jockey)
    Probably the best workout band of our time. So many riffs.

Also read and subscribe to Turntable Report, a newsletter by Tracy Wilson.


No comments: